The forefront of safety and security.
The H.R. McMaster Center for Security Studies Cybersecurity Division coordinates faculty cybersecurity initiatives, cybersecurity undergraduate and faculty research, and external outreach.
The Valley Forge Military College (VFMC) H.R. McMaster Center for Security Studies Cybersecurity Division provides a critical nexus merging the theory of information assurance with practical application. The Cybersecurity Division of The McMaster Center supports innovative, comprehensive and multidisciplinary education in the Information Assurance (IA) / Computer Network Defense (CND) fields at VFMC through our Cybersecurity Certificate approved by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Students are offered a four course Cybersecurity sequence that can be taken as electives within their existing selected programs since Cybersecurity crosses and impacts all disciplines of study. Students can take advantage of this opportunity to graduate with an Associate’s degree in their desired major with an additional Cybersecurity Certificate credential on their transcript by utilizing their elective choices to complete Cybersecurity Certificate requirements.
The McMaster Center Cybersecurity Division provides outreach with educational and professional resources for students, educators, and the community.
The McMaster Center Cybersecurity division provides information for:
- General Public
- Cybersecurity Professionals
- State & Local Governments
For more information contact: Dr. John Andrew Landmesser at firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 989-1452
Education Resources – Information for Students and Educators:
- VFMC Cybersecurity Certificate Program
- VFMC Cybersecurity Events:
- Campus & community outreach for National Cybersecurity Month (October 2015)
- Annual VFMC Cybersecurity Competition (March 2016)
- Annual VFMC Cybersecurity Symposium (April 2016)
- Cybersecurity Scholarship Opportunities
- Cybersecurity Awareness
- Discover Innovative Programs
- Find programs to continue your Cybersecurity Education
- Cybersecurity Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees
Professional Resources – Career development for Cybersecurity Professionals:
- Cybersecurity Organizations – Many government Cybersecurity organizations with resources to improve the national Cybersecurity posture are available from the following links:
- National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST) Computer Security Resource Center (CSRC)
- National Cyber Awareness System
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE)
- National Initiative for Cybersecurity Career and Studies – NICCS
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Cybersecurity
- National Security Agency (NSA) / Information Assurance Directorate (IAD)
- Common Criteria for secure IT products
- National CyberWatch Center
- Center for Systems Security and Information Assurance – CSSIA
- Explore the National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework
- Explore Cybersecurity Professional Certifications
- Professional Journals & Literature:
- Stay Current with the latest Cybersecurity News:
Research: Whitepapers, studies and other research promoting Cybersecurity education and the Profession
Learn more about ongoing Cybersecurity research
The McMaster Center Leadership
Upcoming VFMAC Events
Saturday Visits are offered each month to prospective students. Students and their families will be given a short presentation about Valley Forge Military College by an admissions counselor. Following the presentation, students and their families will be given a tour of campus. Please arrive by 8:45 am to complete registration.